We welcome all individuals and families to miSci. miSci is proud to be designated a Certified Autism Center™ granted by the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES).
Please visit our Admissions & Ticketing page for museum hours and ticket pricing information.
Access at miSci
Sensory Friendly Mornings
Sensory Friendly Mornings is a monthly event geared towards sensory sensitive guests and their families. During Sensory Friendly mornings, miSci transforms itself into a sensory-friendly environment, providing patrons the opportunity to explore the exhibitions and offerings in an environment that is safe and comfortable. Lights are dimmed, music is subdued and planetarium shows are available with the doors left open.
Check here soon for program dates!
miSci has designated a quiet corner of the main floor for use by families with individuals on the spectrum, who need a space for someone to unplug and self-regulate. Guests are welcome to use this cozy area before returning to the main gallery floor.
Social stories are designed to help prepare visitors for situations they may encounter at miSci. They address what to expect, museum rules and routines, safety information, and more.
- Assistive Devices: Noise-reducing earplugs are available at the Guest Services desk.
- Wheelchair Accessibility: miSci is wheelchair accessible
- miSci map: Visitors can download this in advance to help prepare for their visit.
- Quiet area for individuals and families to take a sensory break, if needed.
- Complimentary admission for a one-to-one aide who is assisting a paid visitor or member who requires special assistance during their visit.
Sensory Friendly Mornings and some of miSci’s accessibility resources have been generously funded by the following: